January has brought some freezing temperatures to our area! Here are some of our favorite ways to keep warm when Jack Frost is in the neighborhood.
- Hot Tea. Everyone knows that Sally LOVES a good cup of hot tea, so this one should come as no surprise. Sip on your favorite warm beverage throughout the day to stay hydrates and keep warm from the inside out. Herbal teas are great if you're trying to avoid extra calories or caffeine. Soup and warm meals help a lot too!
- Layer Up! Wear extra sock, an undershirt or even long johns to keep warm, especially if you have to be outside.
- Snuggle Up! Grab a blanket or throw and snuggle with your kids, spouse, dog or whoever to keep warm.
- Break a sweat. Everyone's favorite resolution is to exercise more, so why not do some jumping jacks, squats, or push ups to keep warm and get fit?
- Weather proof your house. Make sure no cold air is coming in by updating your weather stripping, caulking around windows and doors, making sure seals are tight and more!
We hope these tips help you stay warm through the cold snap and reduce your energy costs this winter. Remember, if you need more ways to save on your energy bills, call Stanfield!